Thursday, March 5, 2009

Melt my heart.

So. I just have to get this post out of my system. As lame as it may be. I've been thinking about what [romantic sort of] movies really get me, about the movies that make it to the top of my list, and I've finally narrowed it down I think. 

Whenever I get a little frustrated with my love life (or lack thereof... despite my wonderful boyfriend) these movies cheer me up like nothing else. And yes, some are quite cliche, and of course, ridiculously cheesy, but I really can't help but love them.

1. Pride and Prejudice (2005 version)


This movie kills me at times. And the book is even better. Oh, Mr. Darcy.


2. Garden State


This movie will always mean a lot to me. I just love it. And it was released on my birthday.


3. Love Actually


This really is the ultimate romantic comedy. It doesn't leave my DVD player from Thanksgiving through New Year's. Enough said.


4. Valley Girl


This movie is, like, totally underrated.


5. The Notebook


As embarrassing as it is, my top five list really isn't complete without this movie. Waterworks every damn time.